Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dear money, part two

After we had a wonderful weekend with some dear folks, guests in our much-less-cluttered house, I started thinking again about treating money like a true friend.  (See my post of June 3.)  Here's what I came up with:

Money, to treat you like a friend...

I'd welcome you when you come for as long as you can stay.

I'd send you off with thanks and blessings.

I'd know our deep connection, even when I don't see you (for long periods!).

I'd never slam you behind your back or put down other friends you visit.

I wouldn't claim you as mine, or be jealous of your other friends. I'd even want to meet them, too.

I'd honor your freedom to move, and trust in our deep connection.

I'd know you come when you can, and know that I'll see you again.

But you don't live here.  You need to move to live.

And I'm happy to be part of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment