Saturday, June 5, 2010

Starting small

Through this process, I'm learning a lot of things that I wouldn't have believed a short time ago.

One of them is how wonderful it is to DO something.  Anything, really, as long as it's in the direction I want to go.

There's an awful lot of change and discovery in the last two sentences.  For one thing, at earlier periods of my life (oh, maybe a few weeks ago!) I would have been searching for the right direction, as authorized by someone, something, or very likely some book.  I would have expected nothing good until the job was all done - whatever that means.  And I would certainly have doubted that cleaning out one corner of the garage or one drawer could be liberating, even exhilarating.

But that's what I found.  Somehow what I'm doing brings joy and energy.  The feeling isn't analytical or left-brained or correct or rational.  It's just wonderful and real.

Perhaps action from the heart is holographic:  every small piece contains the whole.  So clearing one little corner contains courage, and determination, and freedom, too.  Just like breathing one deep inhale is life-giving.

Do you ever worry about how you're going to keep on breathing all those breaths until the end of your life?  (If so, you're more neurotic than even I am!)  Nah.  It's just one breath at a time, and each one is wonderful.  Each one is just what you need, right now.

And each space you clear is another place for something new to enter.  Another bit of breathing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment